Ripples International Office Assistant Jobs vacancy in Meru Nairobi Kenya 2013
Ripples International (RI) is a registered, Christian organization. Our mission is to serve children through community focused initiatives in partnership with stakeholders as inspired by the teaching of Jesus Christ.
We hereby seek to recruit a suitable qualified & experienced candidate to fill the position of an Office Assistant.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support as may be required.
- Receive incoming calls, ensuring that calls are answered after no more than 5 rings.
- Receive telephone calls ensuring that messages are passed on to the correct staff member
- Make outgoing telephone calls when required ensuring that all calls are properly logged in and charged to the respective department or individual following proper authorization.
- Receive and attend to visitors.
- Receive documents which may be delivered to the office, ensuring that these are distributed to the respective addressee.
- Receive messages for staff members and transmit them to relevant staff member.
A mature born again Christian actively involved in a local church who:-
- A diploma or relevant certificate in Administrative and secretarial studies from a recognized institution.
- At least two years office experience in administration and secretarial support services preferred.
- Must be self supervisory, takes initiative and have good organizational skills.
- Must have computer aptitude and experience with word processing, database management, Desktop Publishing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to manage, prioritize tasks and good attention to details.
- Good interpersonal skills, cross-cultural and religious sensitivity
- Adaptability and flexibility and willing to work long and extra hours when necessary or requested of by supervisor, directors or the governing board.
- Must be diplomatic, God fearing and honest and a team player.
- Must be a peace maker and capable of keeping official and personal secrets and ability to control his/her tongue
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili, both verbal and written is essential. Knowledge of Kimeru will be an added advantage
Kindly indicate the post reference number on the envelope.