Latest Job for Project Manager in Kenya October 2013
Igare Rural Development Organization (IRDO) with funding from the Community Environment Facility (CEF II) of the Community Development Trust Fund (CDTF), which is a trust of the European Union and the Government of Kenya, is looking for a Project Manager to spear head implementation of a Three-year project titled “Rehabilitation of Nyankongo Swamp and Conservation of river Rigare catchments”
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating day- to -day implementation of project activities
- Implementing the recommendations of the Project Implementation Committee (PIC) as contained in the project document
- Providing technical and administrative support to the PIC
- Supervising the implementation of various project activities in collaboration with other key project partners
- Preparing both narrative and financial reports as per the Financing Agreement under the direction of the PIC and distribute them to the respective offices
- Providing secretarial services to PIC including organizing and facilitating project meetings and taking minutes
- Preparing relevant project documents and reports for review and approval by the PIC
- Custodian of all project property and maintenance of accurate project records including community contribution and ledgers
- Facilitating preparation and logistical arrangements for all project trainings including seminars, workshops and exchange visits among others
- Ensuring timely preparation and submission of workplans, financial and progress reports
- Conducting monitoring and evaluation jointly with the PIC and other partners to track project progress
Qualifications and Experience
Reporting to the PIC the Project Manager should meet the following conditions:
- He/She must have at least a first degree in Natural Resources Management, environmental sciences, community development, entrepreneurship, or social sciences with good understanding of project management cycle.
- Must have at least 3 years experience in community based management projects with special interest in environmental conservation and poverty reduction issues
- Those applicants with a Diploma in Natural Resources Management, environmental sciences, community development, entrepreneurship, or social sciences and with good understanding of project management cycle & five years working experience will also be considered.
- Must have excellent community mobilization and organizational skills
- A good understanding of the local context/issues particularly environmental and poverty
- Must have good communication and inter-personal skills
- Must be computer literate with good technical report writing skills
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Basic accounting, book keeping skills will be an added advantage
If you have the above qualifications submit your application to:
The PIC Chairman
Igare Rural Development Organization
P.O Box 3949- 40200
The application must be received on or before 11/10/2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
The applicants must enclose an up to date CV with details of their telephone contacts.